Business Development Manager
ASL Distribution, a Fastfrate Company, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Sales Candidate who can help us grow our freight brokerage division. If you are passionate about sales, an influential negotiator, high performer and a strategic relationship builder, we want to hear from you!
The Sales Candidate is responsible for developing new business by converting, penetrating new accounts. He/She is responsible to identifying decision makers, coordinating customer meetings, and developing strategic solutions to grow revenue.
- Deliver new billed revenue during fiscal year to meet or exceed quotas
- Identifies, qualifies, and penetrates new business opportunities
- Schedules customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities for our Asset based Logistics division
- Educates customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities
- Collaborates with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for meeting customer expectations
- Plans quarterly business reviews (QBR’s) with customers to review business trends and performance
- Applies sales strategies gained from sales training to identify areas where ASL can be implemented
- Participates in joint customer calls with peers and counterparts to promote our ASL capabilities
- Generates sales leads by networking, cold-calling prospects and building relationships as part of a coordinated sales strategy.
- Creates sales strategies by gathering market information, analyzing opportunities and documenting sales methodology.
- Prepares presentations and delivers to prospective clients.
- Maintains accurate customer files.
- Works with operations to address issues with scheduled shipments.
- Other related duties as may be required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Organized and strategic planner
- Cold Calling
- Relationship builder
- Critical thinker
- New Business Development
- Analytical with ability to conduct research and develop territory sales plans
The purpose of this role is to solution sell the full scope of services to new customers with the key deliverables achieving assigned revenue objectives and enabling maximum revenue growth.
Education and Training
- Minimum of secondary education, with preference of post-secondary education (business or sales stream), or a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in Freight Brokerage sales experience (Cross Border and domestic LTL and TL)
- Intermodal, final mile transportation, warehousing, drayage, and transload experience is beneficial
- Operational knowledge including various roles within transportation would be beneficial.
- A solid network and client base to call upon and demonstrated success selling in a third-party (3PL) and asset environment
Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to resolve problems in a timely fashion.
- Considerable tact, courtesy and diplomacy are required when dealing with Customers, either existing or new. Problem solving demands require immediate action, to ensure the consistent application of strategies for growth.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven experience in freight brokerage sales, with a desire to grow professionally.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, Windows environment are key to succeeding in this role.
- Business Development focused
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills.
- Able to work deadlines in high transactional environment.
- Ability to champion business needs in a collaborative manner to colleagues.
- Results focused.
- Able to work with little supervision
- Subject to a clear criminal background check prior to employment.
- Valid driver’s license and access to vehicle.