Established in 1959 and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2008, ASL Distribution Services Limited (ASL) is a powerful distribution hub for leading North American companies, including Fortune 100 companies. ASL is a dynamic and passionate third-party logistics service provider that offers its clients a diverse range of customized services, such as warehousing and distribution, e-commerce fulfillment, brokerage, asset-based transportation and final mile delivery. ASL offers competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, company RRSP, work life balance and employee events throughout the year in an exciting work environment focused on training, open communication, and career advancement.
ASL is looking to add an experienced and skilled Inventory/Quality Analyst to take on a challenging role of establishing new ways to continually improve its inventory and quality control procedures. This position is responsible for maintaining accuracy and quality of customers product/inventory across multiple warehouses and alignment of all order processing processes and inventory control procedures/functions by way of conducting audits, investigating discrepancies and driving behavioral/system and process changes. This is a permanent, full-time position with tentative work hours from Monday-Friday 12:00 – 8:30 PM.
Key Duties / responsibilities:
- Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures and maintain accurate records of all inventories
- Perform weekly cycle counts, clear any pending inventory issues and make system adjustments as necessary after seeking customer approval
- Conduct any search to locate products within the system. Take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies. Report roadblocks and process failures to Manager
- Use velocity & movement reports to slot pick line based on ABC categories
- Minimize replenishments by proactively monitoring stock levels
- Set up warehouse locations, rack labels to ensure all inventory can be traced in system
- Efficiently utilize pick locations and warehouse space by consolidating inventory
- Minimize inventory transfers between warehouses by monitoring stock levels, movement and reviewing inbound containers
- Aging inventory – monitor and report to customers to destroy obsolete inventory
- Account for all defective or damaged products and follow appropriate corrective actions
- Analyze inventory records, historical data; velocity and movement reports
- Interprets results of overall inventory and root cause analysis;
- Conduct statistical analysis, monthly business reviews, KPI reporting
- Work with Operations and Customer Service to understand discrepancies and issues through daily checks, audits and reconciliation of variances and completing recounts;
- Conduct process audits and take corrective actions to ensure Quality of service
- Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts and adjustments.
- Develop and monitor program to audit returns and timely disposition across all DCs
- Plan and Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures for all customers.
- Build a culture of cooperation and support with other areas and departments
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she may be required to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor to meet organizational needs.
- 5+ years previous experience within a Logistics/ 3PL/Warehouse environment
- Strong understanding of Logistics / 3PL terminology;
- Advanced EXCEL skills, able to run reports, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.;
- Previous experience in managing returns and claims will be an asset
- Strong attention to detail;
- Previous Lean, ISO and/or Six Sigma experience/certification preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Self starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong written and oral communication must be able to communicate with different departments and across different levels;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to complete daily scheduled tasks;
- Must have Reach truck, Man up and Fall Arrest certification;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Experience using WMS (warehouse management systems) (Accellos, IYB, SAP etc.)
- Post-Secondary education in Logistics or Supply Chain field is preferred;