The Business Development Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of existing key accounts and for new business development. Key accounts require a high level of interaction due the complex nature of their business requirements. This individual will be interacting with senior level management at these accounts.
In addition to managing existing accounts, the Business Development Manager will further develop business strategies in identifying and securing national accounts with a view of expansion and will harmonize the efforts of the Sales and Marketing initiatives in order to meet corporate objectives.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop business strategies to identify market potential and secure business to meet corporate objectives
- Solicit accounts meeting corporate criteria with a dedicated outbound calling and emailing effort
- Maintain those accounts and aggressively expand customer base (outbound and inbound)
- Analyse products, company profiles and shipping patterns to determine clear objectives prior to making contact with prospects and customers.
- Solicit and establish customer needs.
- Listen to customer complaints and requests, while instituting proper procedures to fulfill requests or settle complaints by referring to appropriate personnel.
- Present information and answer questions regarding existing and new service lines.
- Negotiate price and terms within the context of company policy.
- Secure new business to meet or exceed quotas. Generate revenue
- Excellent selling and client service skills. Must be able to confidently handle client interactions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in selling products and/or services.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience.
- 5 years+ B2B or B2C sales experience.
- Passion and Energy